by

Free Write

Monday prompts

1. Free Write, 8 Minute Free Write, and write a poem

Ummmm, these last few days have been a little crazy and cool, I started talking again to a high school friend, she goes to Binghamton, it was nice talking to her it felt like a breath of fresh air because I thought I was never going to see her again, but yeah that happened, also friday was the first time I have experienced a funeral like feeling because one of my mom’s cousin died and he was very young but, seeing everyone on the house being sad, crying, and not in a good mood of course, but it felt weird to me because I always try to cheer up people when they start talking about something depressing, because I don’t know I just don’t like that energy like I would make a joke or something but being respectful at the same time, but this time was different because I got that gut feeling and of couse common sense that you cant make a joke or you just cant change the mood, the whole point of the meet up was to mourn his death and nothing else, but the same time it was so sad seeing people crying so heavily, and seeing people that even though they dont know the family that well still cried just seeing the guy’s family cry and mourn for him. But for some reason, it didn’t hit me, I feel like I got that from my dad’s side, they just don’t cry about things like that, like when my grandfather died, my grandmother didn’t cry at all or most of my uncles didn’t either did I even though I was close with him we were close close close. Oh well, sorry for talking stuff like this I ran out of time and more than I should have lol. Sorry (Look, I just realized I did it unconsciously). Also, miss, when you read this, I just wanted to ask for a book recommendation that you think would expand my English knowledge to have a cool vocabulary, saying words like seraphic or encomium(I don’t know what these mean 🙂 ) like I won’t sound like one of those smart guys on movies. Hopefully, you remember this I would love to see what you recommend.   

Poem

Talking again to a high school friend,

I thought I was never going to see her again,

She was joyful, cool, open and friendly,

Wait hold up I did see her again 

She didnt feel like one of those kinds

Those kinds that never let me get a word to sign

I just dont like that, those kinds

Wait hold up I did see her again

As the call came to its conclusion

I said ”We should try to fix this confusion”

And the next day……..

Wait hold up I did see her again 

1.  What does the word Authenticity mean to you? Give five examples.

The word authenticity to me means to be yourself, to be your original self, to be the original thing without any fake screens or something that’s not it.

Examples

1. Someone showing their authentic personality to their friends, no being fake and showing themselves as if they were part of a family 
  2. Another example is when looking for an authentic copy of something like paper, not a copy or a copy and paste, the true first authentic document like a marriage document or a college degree.
  3. Another is the authentic meal from a specific culture, cooking a meal from a culture like Japan and ramen, something authentic or eating real Chinese food not the not authentic Chinese food in Chinese takeouts.
  4. Another example is the authenticity of a quote, like something someone said being an authentic quote and having its meaning that was mean when said.
  5. And lastly, just being authentic, like being honest, keeping your promises and not lie on things like their beliefs just to pander to a group of people

3)   Use exact and vivid language to describe your most authentic self, give examples of when you feel most authentic- 1 paragraph  

The authentic self, I will say, is very passionate about the thing is being talked about, I wouldn’t just aimlessly agree with someone just to end the conversation there, if something interests me, I put my all into defending that thing, and I can go over the line trying to defend, like raising my voice really hard and putting my raw emotions into expression mostly with emotions that gravitate towards anger and cockiness but my other half I guess is a very transparent person that will tell you if you look terrible or amazing that day. And I feel the most authentic it could be any scenario I just have to feel very comfortable in, a crowded room or nobody there or a small room or big, the point is that if I feel comfortable showing my authentic self, I will show it.

4)  What does the word Humanity mean to you? Give three examples of a time you have witnessed the best or worst of humanity or a time when you shown someone your own humanity. 

I honestly don’t have a definition of humanity for myself like when someone talks about humanity, I don’t know what to say, so i will use the standard definition of it, which is the fact of being human. 

Examples of the worst or best humanity

1. One would be in this race I raced in, there would be people running with prosthetic legs, and other people would cheer them on, me included, and I just thought that it was really nice of everyone to do that 
  2. One bad example was seeing people beating each other in the train station, and I was just scared it’s crazy how they were fighting each other so wildly, they looked like they were animals fighting.
  3. Lastly was this time on the train was when this guy tried dancing in the train wagon to get money, but he couldn’t because there wasn’t any space for him to dance, but this old lady gave him 100 dollars, and I was just flabbergasted because if the amount but yeah that was real nice from the lady, she had a lot of sympathy for the guy

5)  Write a story with a beginning middle and end about a time that you felt your most authentic. How did your authentic self help or lend itself to humanity?

6)  What is happening in the world around you that may influence your state of being and explain why?

Things that i think are influencing my state of being right now is the weather and time change that is currently going on, because soon enough it will become dark at 4 pm and everything is going to be super depressing and I going to have this feeling of not wanting to get out of my house which I hate, and it’s going become so cold again I dont like running at 20 degrees fahrenheit like I am going to freeze to death you know and I just hate that going outside is going be like a chore, I like it when you can just go outside and do whatever you want and not die of cold.

Wednesday Prompts

2)  Create a list of ten questions that you would like to have answered they may be about the past or the future. 

1. Why do alot of people fight for things that dont have much meaning?
  2. Why is it cold?
  3. Is there any importance to anything we do in life?
  4. Is it better to live for 1000 years with no sense of purpose or 100 years for a normal life with purpose
  5. Do activities make up all of people’s personality? And what if they cant do that activity would they lose their personality and fall into some kind off mental breakdown
  6. What is humanity really?
  7. Why everything so expensive these days?
  8. Sometimes why do people choose the option with instant pleasure that will ruin them in the long run and they are conscious to it?
  9. How can I become a better writer?
  10. Are hop pockets real?? Like I never see them in my supermarket, I just want to try them

3. What are three different types of relationships that you have in your life? Describe them and explain why these relationships are important to you or why they are not. 

1. One of my relationship types are my family, they are important to me and the most meaning full to me because of the many things they have done for me, like the many times I have fallen down they help me go back up and even if I piss them off they uncourage me to grow into a better person.
  2. Another relationship is my friend relationship, they are important to me because these are people I have shared things I wouldn’t feel comfortable showing to my parents or some family because of the reaction they would have to it, and they are always there for me even if I dont need them and we get each other s back.
  3. Lastly, the last relationship is romantic relationships, this doesn’t really matter to me I don’t think is important, I think its just better if I focus on myself than others, maybe I am just not ready for that yet and that’s why I feel this way, I dont have or need a romantic relationship in my life as long I can achieve my dreams throughout my life.

4. What relationship has helped you grow the most this year? Write a story with a beginning, middle and end that explains why this relationship has been influential to you.  

The relationship that has impacted me the most this year is my family relationship, especially with my father. I was struggling with so much stuff throughout my senior year of high school, and he saw me struggle through those things and let me “suffer” I guess, I went through many hardships until graduation happened and I finally graduated from high school, a few days after that he asked to talk to me for a minute, and he started talking about how he knows that even though I finished high school he told me “this is just the beginning” and I saw you struggle he said, and I started making up excuses to these things happening, but he didn’t mind them and told me “I know it’s hard, but I know you weren’t trying in school but I want to see the man you can become, I want to see you unlock your own potential” and those words are engraved in my mind. After that, I started setting myself goals, the most important ones being breaking 18 minutes in a 5k race by next year and transferring to Stony Brook University I have been working hard to accomplish these and will keep going no matter what.

5. Who is a public figure an artist/ scientist/ political figure/teacher/author) that you believe is authentic and contributes to humanity? How have has their work influenced you?

An artist that I believe is authentic and contributes to humanity is the merengue Dominican Artist Juan Luis Guerra. His work has influenced me since I was little, my parents would always play his songs, and I would just listen and dance, my parents still have videos of me dancing to his music, and I still listen to him, and he is my favorite merengue artist of all time. And lastly, he makes me proud of my own culture even though sometimes it’s not the best, he always reminds me there is a good side to every culture.

6. Write a letter to the public figure of your choice letting them know how their work has influenced you and impacted you, you may include any questions you may have for them. 

Dear Juan Luis Guerra

I have been a fan of your music seen I was born, I am such a huge fan, you are a part of my childhood and still in my daily life. I love your songs bachata rosa and La guagua, they are timeless bangers, I have been listening to them since you released them I never get old of them. You have made me love my culture more than a normal Dominican would, I am proud to be Dominican because of you and your music. Also I have some for you like how do you come up with the lyrics to your songs? Like you make songs so quick is terrifying, also what keeps you motivated to keep making music at your early stages of your career?? And lastly I know you are a bit old but when will you stop doing concerts?? It seems like you will stop soon so I just wanted to ask. Thank you for reading this letter thank you

Sincerely Jorge Garcia