by

Self-Assessment

This essay, as it suggests, it’s an assessment, study of one’s self.

My flourishment 

This essay is the paper that will should my growth in this class for the last semester, from start to finish, from my starting level to all my accomplishments and what I managed to learn, and the goals that were reached. This will show firstly a few free writes and my later down-the-line free rights, with some quotes and some sentences that show the difference in my writing in these two points of the semester.

The first development that are seen is the change in grammar use throughout my times, I started using more college vocabulary, more commas, and just better writing overall. In one of my first few free writes, I talk about the ia this writing I did for the class about the first time I stud up for myself, and the writing itself is not that impressive but it gets the job done, it hard some minor spelling errors and many commas missing with, the way the words are written are sometimes not comprehensible and the writing sounded like I was basically talking to the reader with not even a pinch of writing skills in it, it was my voice word for word I hand not developed the skill to balance out my emotions with proper writing in this answer. Then fast forward to the future, and the next thing is a Free write from one of the classes, it talks about mostly photos and pictures, and the writing in it sounds so much better in every way. The grammar has improved to a level that I would have never imagined before starting this class putting my commas in place, been way more coherent when writing and just having more of an idea of where the subject going throughout most it before going in another tangent. All of this shows the difference between my writing before and after the class showing a level up in all the basic qualities of a writer, like grammar.

Another development throughout the semester was the use of my voice. It was first, my writing sounded like clouded-up ideas with no place to be in writing with so many I’s but no way of explaining these emotions. In this introduction to my argumentative essay, my thought process was to repress my emotions towards the topic to not overwhelm the reader with the many ideas I had, but this made the writing itself very small, and very minimal information was given and not showing much of my standpoint in the topic here. Then the introduction to the final research essay to argue against the ban on gas cars. This introduction is for my development amazing I achieved the best balance between my voice and proper writing to grab the reader to my research paper, using the emotions I used to show my passion towards the topic and my stan point in the topic while enhancing the reader’s experience, also having way more things to say and adding amazing word that correlated together, everything was flowing as I was writing and it turned out to be one of the papers I look at and say “this was not me” while my smile is grinning to each extreme of my face. Overall it shows my writing prowess and it shows the improvement I had when controlling the volume of my voice in writings to get that sweet spot that make you feel fussy when re-reading it again. 

Another one of the things I did was learn how to annotate more acceptably and knowing what to look for when reading the articles I am using for my own research paper. At the start of the semester I didn’t much of an idea of what to annotate or what to look for when reading some of the articles in class but later on it was improved throughout the semester reading more and more papers gaining that experience that helps you recognize what you want out of an article, reading so much made me able to read what I need and get what I want, this is shown when I annotated June Jordan’s Nobody mean more to me than you and the.  This writing is about 20 pages long and I managed to get the central ideas shown throughout each page when reading it at a constant pace and getting the information needed for the to be had after the annotation of the reading that helped me stand out from the class and create strong debatable topics for everyone to center around.

I also learned to do many technical things that I had weak foundations on that were easily fix by just learning the methods to use. Learning how to do MLA format citation for all kind of media like movies, videos, essays, other research papers, and a plethora of other media I used for my research paper. Another thing was being able to access professional research to use for other papers, I learned how to use jstor, Google Scholar, and the database that City College of New york Provides for their students to get valid information. All of this contributed to getting better information for my papers and having that information pinpointed to you so you don’t have to start research for one article in google that may serve you purpose for the topic you are writing for.

But everything is not colorful with rainbows and all achievements, there are somethings that I still need to work on and have not reached yet even at the end of this semester of class. The things I have not achieved are that I am not revisiting my writing while trying to make it perfect in the first go into the writing. This is something you can easily pick up in my writings they are there, they feel very raw in the terms of writing, they all feel as if they were my first draft, no revising, no proofreading, this is especially shown throughout my research essay and I still need the willpower to proofread my papers to make them flow smothering and making it less tiring for the reader to read my work.

In conclusion this this self-assessment has shown me the development that I have had throughout my time reading and writing that has overall been positive and it shows how much potential to be a writer a person has and that you don’t have to a “Writer Person” to be able to write nice sentences to make someone happy, but I still have many basic things to improve and eliminate from the way I write and revise my writing to make it better than before. In all it has been an experience needed to thrive as a writer and a person overall.